Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Super Mario Bros. Crossover Is The Greatest Thing Since M.U.G.E.N.



I recently went to a birthday party over the weekend, and the birthday boy asked me a serious question—He said, “Have you played ‘Super Mario Crossover’ yet? Well, um, no, I said, what the hell is that?

And what he told me blew my mind. He told me about a version of the original Super Mario Bros. that features characters like Bill from Contra, Mega Man from, well, Mega Man, Samus from Metroid, Simon Belmont from Castlevania, Link from The Legend of Zelda and Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, all in just one game. All that was missing was ‘Lil Mac from Punch-Out!! in his description of the title. I mean, if this was true, then this was going to be even better than The Expendables with all my favorite 80s stars in it. This would be the greatest free crossover game ever.

Well, I must say that it is true and it can be found right here. It’s a free game created by this genius named Jay Pavlina of Exploding Rabbit. Yeah, I never heard of him, either. But after this game, I hope we’ll be hearing from him a lot more, as seriously, this is the greatest thing since M.U.G.E.N., and it’s much easier, too.

There’s none of that downloading business to get certain specific rosters, and the game is right there on the site, so you can go and play it right now. Did you just hear me? You can go and play it right now. So why the hell are you still even reading this article? Go pick yourself some Bill from Contra and use the spread gun on some Goombas. You know you’ve always wanted to.

No comments: