Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Video Games That I'm Ashamed to Have Owned At One Point in My Life, Entry Three: The Little Mermaid


(Image taken from: hardcoregaming101.net)

Okay, don't get me wrong. I still look back fondly on playing The Little Mermaid for the NES, but that's just the point of why I'm ashamed to have owned it. The Little Mermaid was for girls. And not just girls, but girly girls. The kind who wanted to grow up and be a princess.

I mean, just watch this.



Now, here's what I have going for me. The game was made by Capcom, which made some of my favorite games of all time--Street Fighter, Mega Man, Bionic Commando--the list goes on and on. They also made a string of awesome Disney related games, too, such as The Lion King, Aladdin, and of course, Duck Tales. But yes, I know, I'm just making excuses for myself now. There's one thing in picking up a neutral game like Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers and another in pleading for my mom to buy me The Little Mermaid, which I remember sitting snuggly between my copies of Ninja Gaiden and Bad Dudes when I was younger. Oh, well. At least it wasn't as bad as when I bought Animal Crossing and stressed over what would be the perfect couch for my room in the game. But that's a story for another entry.

Here's footage of The Little Mermaid for the NES. Tell me that it doesn't look at least a LITTLE fun. Go on, tell me.

No comments: