Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An Update on the Huey Lewis and the News Concert That I went to With My Fiance Last Night

I still love Huey Lewis and the News (HUUUUEYYY!) as some of the people in the audience would call him. But his concert was kind of meh in a major way. Here's why.

New material. More specifically, Soulsville


(Image taken from: examiner.com)

It's not that I don't understand that the dude wants to plug his latest stuff, but almost the whole concert was his latest stuff, and that's not cool.



I mean, it's not that the new stuff is awful. But I wanted to hear, "Trouble in Paradise."



It's such a better song. But the whole concert only consisted of about four or five of the classics. And for a tour called "The Power of Love," you'd think it'd be more of the classics. Oh, well. At least my fiance and I got to see him, and that's saying something.

No comments: