Saturday, June 22, 2013

Review: The Iceman

The Iceman: The True Story of a Cold-Blooded KillerThe Iceman: The True Story of a Cold-Blooded Killer by Anthony Bruno

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"The Iceman" is a phenomenal book, but I really want to see the movie now because the killer in the book, Richard Kuklinski, looks nothing like the tremendous actor, Michael Shannon. Nothing at all. That said, the book by itself makes for an excellent summer read. This true story (Bonus points for taking place in my home state of New Jersey, whoo whoo!), follows an intrepid undercover agent as he trails and ultimately traps Kuklinski, a man given the title "Iceman" because he once froze a body for two years just to see what would happen.

The book reads like a novel and it's very quick-paced. I read it in about a day and a half. I highly recommend it if you're into true crime.



View all my reviews

No comments: