Friday, December 6, 2013

Warner Bros. Wants DC to Be Marvel So Badly, It's Pathetic

(Image taken from: thewrap.com)

By now, I'm sure you all know that Warner Bros' Batman Vs Superman has now become Batman Vs. Superman...And Wonder Woman. And possibly The Flash. Now, before anybody starts wondering about my opinions on the very slim, Gal Gadot, playing Wonder Woman, let me just start this off by saying, I don't give a crap. How could I when Zack Snyder is directing the damn thing? The film already has enough problems as it is. I don't need to bring up yet another.

No. The primary reason I'm writing this piece is to talk about how pathetic it is that Warner Bros. is trying to make a Justice League movie, but they're too terrified to call it such. Instead, they're hiding behind their two biggest franchises and pawning it off as something else, which is dumb. The minute Wonder Woman was announced to be in this movie was the minute that everybody realized that this was not going to be a good film. And it's not because Wonder Woman sucks or anything like that (Although, to be honest with you, I kind of think she does). It's just that we all know that a compelling story is going to be swept aside when it comes to this film. I mean, honestly, unless the film is four hours long, how could you possibly introduce a brand new Batman as well as Wonder Woman, and still have a real narrative thread in there? Again, this is Zack Snyder we're talking about here. If his past record can be trusted, he doesn't even know what a plot line is unless it concerns explosions and CG. The man is clueless as a director. Absolutely clueless.

(Image taken from: blogs.woodtv.com)

I mean, it's obvious what Warner Bros. is trying to make a DC Avengers movie, but they're going at it backward. Instead of introducing the characters first, they're throwing them into one giant vat of sock stew. MoS was pretty much PoS, so if they couldn't nail one character, how the hell are they going to nail three (And possibly four if rumors are correct about The Flash making an appearance)? My friend last night, who is a big DC fan, said that even though I'm hating on the it now, I'm going to see it when it comes out in theaters, but I'm not so sure of that anymore. I really hated Snyder's Superman movie that much. It was so terrible it put me to sleep. But what are your thoughts on all of this? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

No comments: