Monday, March 30, 2015

Goodreads Review: Y: The Last Man: Volume 1

Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned (Y: The Last Man, #1)Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, wow, wow! Now THIS is what I'm talking about! A friend of mine in my writer's group recommended this series to me since I'm writing a novel about a dimension where women are in charge (The Interdimensional Subwoofer! Coming soon!). I had always wanted to read this series, but his was the push that got me to finally pick it up. And I'm super glad he did. This first book is amazing!

The story follows Yorick, a...well, I guess part-time escape artist would be the best way to put it. He's talking on the phone to his girlfriend all the way in Australia when pretty much the end of all mankind occurs. Emphasis on the "man," since women seem to be fine. At least in this book they are. I have no idea where the rest of the narrative is heading, and that's what's so amazing about this story. It's constantly building and never stagnant. This thing leads to that thing leads to this thing leads to that thing. And like all great fiction, it keeps you wanting to see what happens next. I seriously can't wait to pick up the second volume. I am super stoked!

View all my reviews

No comments: