Saturday, June 6, 2015

Review: Amendments

AmendmentsAmendments by H.M. Lynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amendments is the kind of dystopian fiction I like. It's fraught with questions that make you wonder how you would decide if a world such as this existed. At the age of 21, Emelia has choices, two to be exact. She gets them in the form of Amendments, which she can use to alter her life. I really enjoy the Orwellian feel of this book, and the idea that to make a life better, you might have to sacrifice your own happiness to make that happen. If I have any complaint, it's Amelia's sister, Finola, or Fi. She's really annoying, and I can't stand the choices Emelia has to make because of her. But otherwise, it's a pretty quick book (It's over 300 pages, but I read it in about three days on my computer since I got a free copy), and there is definite room for a sequel. An interesting, engaging novel.

View all my reviews

No comments: